The Peacock

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Winter Landscape Memories

Every December I pull out my snowy paintings, and recall all of the memories that I've had painting them. Most have been sold, or in private collections. Thankfully, I have pictures to always hang on to though. One year during Christmas, I had bundles of limited edition oil landscapes, printed and sold on cards. Sometimes I think of where they all ended up. EBay, MySpace, Work, Friends and Family helped me sell them. If I could count how many people to "thank" for encouraging my career, I would. But, there has been so many real fans who've stuck by me through everything.

A really special person that stood out to me was a friend named Jonathan, who personally sold packs to all of his friends, and people throughout Knoxville. There's absolutely nothing more gratifying than seeing a "spark" in an art fan's eyes. It drives my need to satisfy more viewers, and lovers who are trying to escape the stresses in our world. Anyway, after all of his hard work he only asked for "one" of my cards and a print of my Japanese Rose (Valentine Day Card) to hang on his wall. What a great memory.

Since I was 16, I've tried to keep seasonal prints of my paintings for decorations and gifts. Now that I am older with more responsibilities, I've taken on commissions for others who want specific requests. That's nice as well. But, I'll never forget to look back, and remember the moments that helped put these paintings together.

No comments:

Post a Comment